About Hellmann’s Recipe.
The Hellmann’s is a well-known brand of mayonnaise. It is often used as an ingredient in various recipes. While the Hellmann’s mayonnaise itself is a popular condiment, it can also be used as a base for creating Creamy Salad dressing, sandwich spreads, and other dishes. Bellow I will provide a classic recipe for a simple and delicious homemade coleslaw using Hellmann’s mayonnaise.
Hellmann’s Coleslaw Recipe.
Hellmann’s is a popular recipe brand. The Hellmann’s Coleslaw Recipe is most famous recipe. Their coleslaw recipe is very tasty. This brand is maintained all the nutrients of their all type of recipe. And their making process is genuine.
There are many ways to make a tasty and delicious coleslaw recipe. But Hellmann’s coleslaw recipe is a classic that is always a hit. It is made with a creamy mayonnaise dressing, cabbage, carrot, and can be served either cold or at room temperature.
Image Credit: bigoven.com
Requirements (Ingredients) to make Classic Coleslaw Recipe with Hellmann’s Mayonnaise.
- 4 cups of shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- ½ Cup of Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon of celery seed
- Salt and pepper to taste.
How to make Hellmann’s Coleslaw Recipe?
The Hellmann’s coleslaw recipe making process is very easy. It takes only 20 minutes for making (for preparation 10 minutes and for cooking 10 minutes). For making this recipe you need all the ingredients. This coleslaw is easy to make and can be served either chilled or at room temperature.
Follow the Instruction While prepare the Recipe.
Prepare the vegetables.
- Remove the outer leaves from the cabbage and cut it into quarters. Remove the core and finely shred the cabbage.
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Finely chop the onion if you are using.
Make the Dressing.
- Combine the shredded cabbage and carrots in a mixing bowl. Shred your own cabbage and carrots using a grater or food processor. In a separate mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients except cabbage and carrots. This mixture forms the coleslaw dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the shredded cabbage and carrots.
- Mixing all together until the vegetables are evenly coated with the dressing. And sure, that cabbage and carrots are well incorporated.
Season and Chill.
- Mix salt and black pepper to taste with coleslaw and mix until well incorporated.
- Cover the coleslaw and refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes before serving. This allows the flavors to meld, and the coleslaw become chilled and refreshing.
Garnish and Serve.
- Before the serving, garnish the coleslaw with thinly sliced green onions, if desired, for a pop of color and extra flavor.
- Portion size ½ cup = 100 g
- Calories: – 160 g
- Total fat: – 11 g
- Saturated fat: – 1.5 g
- Trans fat regulation: – 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: – 10 mg
- Sodium: – 170 mg
- Potassium: – 110 mg
- Total carbohydrate: – 15 g
- Dietary fiber: – 2.0 g
- Sugar: – 13 g
- Protein: – 1.0 g
- Calcium: – 20 mg.
- It is improving the immunity.
- Detoxifying the body.
- Aiding in digestion.
- Coleslaw also provides vitamin A, B, K.
- It improves the bone health.
- Coleslaw also provides protein, minerals.
- May help keep your heart healthy.
- May lower blood pressure.
- Could help lower cholesterol levels.
- Cabbage reduces the risk of cancer.
- Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin k.
How much time is required for making this recipe?
The maximum time is 20 minutes. For preparation 10 minutes and cooking 10 minutes.
Is this healthy?
Yes. The coleslaw recipe is healthy for our body.