Overhead projector (OHP).
An overhead projector is a device of A-V tool, which is uses in teaching. It is a effective teaching tool which comes after the blackboard. It has a bright screen that is use in a dim lighted room. In the board we can draw the picture and diagram. The students can take notes easily while represent the topic.
It is a projected aid. This is a simple projector compare of other projectors. The overhead projector is use to effective teaching learning activity.
Purposes of OHP.
- To give detail concept of the topic.
- For meaningful learning.
- To capture the audience interest.
- The teacher can carry their own notes in the form of transparencies to the classroom.
Points to be remembered while using OHP.
- Place the screen above the head of the learner.
- The screen should be full view for the all learner.
- Use the proper light while present the OHP.
- Transparency is a 10×10 inches sheet with either printed or hand written material.
Points to be remembered while preparing transparencies.
- Arrange the picture and diagram related to the topic.
- Writing style should be simple.
- Emphasize on the important points.
- Focuses on the idea each transparency.
- Use color pencils for effective.
- It is improve the students observation and cognitive skills.
- OHP observe all over the class.
- Through the OHP we can represent the picture or diagram.
- OHP learning is promotes students interest.
- Students can easily understand the topic.
- It requires good hand writing and a time consuming process.
- It is expensive to buy the overhead projector.
- Teachers mobility might get restricted while using OHP.