Sociology B.sc Nursing 2nd Year Important Questions.
UNIT I: INTRODUCTION.
1. Throw light on significance of sociology in nursing.
3. Uses/ application of sociology.
UNIT II: INDIVIDUAL AND SOCIETY.
1. Define electra complex.
2. What is meant by re- socialization.
3. Define individualization.
4. Define oedipal complex.
5. Define anticipatory socialization.
UNIT III: CULTURE.
1. What is material culture?
2. Define civilization.
3. What transcultural society?
4. List two functions of culture.
5. Mention two negative effects of cultural practices.
UNIT IV: SOCIAL GROUP AND SOCIAL PROCESS.
1. Discuss collective behavior.
2. Classify social group.
3. Explain the role of primary group in health and diseases.
4. Differentiate crowd and public.
5. Explain psychology of crowd behavior.
1. What is acculturation?
2. Define accommodation.
3. List factors hindering the assimilation.
4. Differentiate clan and tribe.
5. Mention two ways of resolving conflict.
UNIT V: POPULATION.
1. What are the effects of population explosion on health?
4. Explain the causes of over population.
6. Explain the remedial measures of over population.
UNIT VI: FAMILY AND MARRIAGE.
2. Define marriage. Explain the importance of marriage. Discuss the marriage problems in India.
5. What is modern family? Explain the features of modern family
UNIT VII: SOCIAL STRATIFICATION.
1. Explain the merits and demerits of caste system.
2. Discuss the health effects of caste and class system.
3. Discuss social mobility.
4. Explain the changes taken place in the caste system.
5. Write a note on Jajmani system.
1. What is ascribed status?
2. Define race prejudice.
3. What is casteism?
4. List two demerits of caste system.
5. Define caste panchayat.
6. Define racism.
7. Mention any two Characteristics of caste system.
UNIT VIII: TYPES OF COMMUNITIES IN INDIA.
1. Differentiate rural and urban community.
2. Discuss the impact of community development program on rural India.
3. Discuss the problems of urban community.
4. Discuss the changes occurred in Indian village community.
5. Explain the urbanization and it’s impact on health.
1. What is meant by homogeneity of rural community.
2. Mention two problems of urban community.
3. Mention two health problems of urban community.
4. What is regional community?
5. Mention two Characteristics of rural community.
UNIT IX: SOCIAL CHANGE.
1. Write a note on cultural lag.
2. Discuss the evolutional theories of social change.
3. Discuss the factors of social change.
4. Discuss the role of nurse in bringing about social change.
5. Discuss the barriers of social change.
UNIT X: SOCIAL SYSTEM.
1. Define social system.
2. Define social organization.
3. What is meant by voluntary association?
4. Define social values.
5. Define status.
UNIT IX: SOCIAL CONTROL.
1. Define social control.
2. Differentiate folkways and mores.
3. Differentiate customs and laws.
4. Define norms.
5. Mention two purposes of social control.
6. What meant by belief?
7. Define fashion.
UNIT XII: SOCIAL PROBLEMS.
1. Define prostitution. Explain its causes. Discuss the health effects of prostitution.
2. What is meant by minority group? List various minority groups in India. Discuss the problems of religious minority in India.
3. What social disorganization? List it’s characteristics. Describe the causes of social disorganization.
4. What is meant by child abuse? Describe various measures taken by the government for child welfare.
5. Mention the problems of elderly. Describe the measures taken by the government for their welfare.