A model is an oldest teaching method. It is non projected aid which is represents the real things having three dimensions (height, width and length). The three dimensional aid shows the three sides of an object. It promotes easy and better understanding the concepts of the topic. Heart, brain, eye globe etc. are commonly use in the classroom. The three dimensional aids are used for the demonstration purposes.
Types of models.
There are different types of models –
- 1. Solid model.
Generally the three dimensional aids are made up of clay plaster of paris, wood, iron etc. The solid model is copy of the original things. The original things are natural made. A model shows almost realistic external features of things. For example animal, human.
- 2. Cutaway and X-ray model.
It is duplicate of the real things and it shows internal parts of things. It is very difficult to made the aids. For example human body.
- 3. Working model.
Working model is copy of the real working things. For example generator fixed with motor.
- 4. Sand model.
It is another type of model which is made up of sand or clay.
Advantages of model.
- Models are three dimensional aids therefore we imagine a real thing of see it.
- It is easy to understand things.
- It shows almost real thing of an object.
- Three dimensional aids are improve the observation and thinking skills.
- Life of model is usually long.
- Use of models makes learning effective.
- Making a model is a time consuming process.
- It is very expensive.
- Expertise is requires for make the model.